THE CARDINAL PRECEPTS
1. Not killing or hurting person or animal
2. Not stealing, taking away something not
belonging to you.
3. Not lying, not saying things to hurt people
4. No intoxicants
5. No sexual abuse, harming
(This is the minimal for basic moral conduct, but we carry it further and higher to no harm and only good at a much higher level.)
THE THREE DHARMA SEALS (marks
1. Everything is impermanent (don’t
believe otherwise; don't 'hold on')
2. There is no separate self, really (but also
3. Duhkha (“stuff”): when clear of
duhka = nirvana
THE THREE POISONS (Sources of pain)
1. Delusion, confusion (Ignorance of the
truth, reality; resistance to reality) -->
2. Attachment, greed (Pride, jealousy) -->
3. Aversion, hate
THE FOUR QUALITY STATES (Sublime states)
Enemy Enemy Inside Us Outside Us Lovingkindness Selfishness Hatred Compassion Pity Contempt Sympathetic joy Boredom Jealousy
Equanimity Indifference Aversion
THE FOUR BODHISATTVA VOWS
1. To awaken as many beings as possible.
2. To end the inexhaustible delusions.
3. To learn and know the boundless
4. To follow the Buddha’s way.
THE EIGHT WORLDLY WINDS (INFLUENCES)