What isn't "it" - These are not "the way"
Prioritize!: Do those things that create the greatest desired effect!
The greatest effects are from these 8 happiness factors:
The happiness viewpoint - 3 keys
"Gratifications" - 3 key
"No matter what"
The happiness practices
What to do on the path
Although what is in your life (its contents) has some effect, the way you understand and view life (context) is the source of all happiness (or
WHAT ISN’T “IT” - THESE ARE NOT "THE WAY"
Outside circumstance have virtually no effect on happiness, per scientific studies. Examples of no impact on happiness: Physical attractiveness, being “cool”, education, intelligence, climate, race, gender, increases in money beyond subsistence, having things, high accomplishments, childhood events.
A moderate effect came from: Hope (as part of a study on religion), avoiding negative events and negative emotions. Possibly a moderate effect, but not proven to be causal: Marriage, rich social life, social intelligence.
However, despite the scientific evidence to the contrary, people still think those items produce happiness. In scientific studies, it has been proven that people are poor predictors of what will make them happy and they put out a lot of effort only to find that those things don’t work to produce happiness when they get them.
PRIORITIZE! - DO THOSE THINGS THAT PRODUCE THE GREATEST DESIRED EFFECT!
Before we go on, the key to your getting the most happiness will be in putting your attention on those items with the biggest payoff – and reducing the effort on no and low payoff items! Simple idea, but few follow it (often called the 80/20 principle – see www.live8020.com ).
IDENTIFY AND DO THE PIECES THAT LEAD TO ACHIEVING THE HIGHEST EFFECT
So, we will be identifying the factors with the most effect on happiness. And, in order to be effective, we’ll have to break each factor down into small chunks that we can easily handle and be able to do, in practical terms (i.e. “doable”). That is what the website and/or book you’re reading this out of are set up to do – have you doing “doable” things that anyone can achieve just by following the directions!
THE GREATEST EFFECTS ARE FROM:
THE HAPPINESS VIEWPOINT, its components being:
loving the possibilities in life.
2. Upgraded beliefs, as part of a very strong Life Philosophy. It is mandatory, essential, vital to have devised a rational set of conclusions about life (a comprehensive set of beliefs, after which wrapped into an overall guidance set, called a Life Philosophy), coupled with thought control and correcting harmful beliefs that are the components of one’s internal conversation). This is the very process of getting the negatives out of the way and replacing them with what works and is true - which is an obvious necessary step!
3. An “Attitude of Gratitude”, which is about what we “have” instead of what
we lose or could lose.
“GRATIFICATIONS”, created instead of temporary pleasures.
CONFIDENCE IN ABILITY TO HANDLE LIFE NO MATTER WHAT
7. Personal, emotional, & social intelligence (knowledge of self and of others)
THE HAPPINESS "DOINGS"
To do #7, one must learn the "distinctions" (bits of knowledge differentiated further enough to be more useful) of what works and what doesn't work, such as is discussed in the Happiness Section.
Related to the essence of the Happiness Viewpoint is the essence of #7, where the attainable end result is:
"To be able to be happy no matter what the outcome is."
Three essentials for happiness
These three viewpoints are essential to high happiness:
1. Look/see what IS there, What I Have. There is no loss. You don't believe this now, but read about it to really learn this essential precept for happiness. 2. There is no fault. There is no valid blame, no valid criticism...
THE STEPS ARE
Although pretty well logically derived from the above, the process to achieve true happiness involves:
1. Learning sufficiently the facts and what works. (Duh!) Shortcuts don't work.
2. Removing the barriers to happiness (untrue beliefs and bad practices)
3. Installing and doing what does work
The actual steps:
These are the steps (though you'll read related pieces as you choose, to bolster your understanding and ability to implement):
Read optimism, including related branches (as listed for you) that you think will contribute. Read and follow The Process For Changing Beliefs, to which you will devote a major amount of time, as we are knocking out the barriers, determine what is true and beneficial, and then installing them. You must complete this, as removing the barriers is essential to being able to create progress!!!!!! Continue to learn what is necessary for you to be more masterful and knowledgeable in creating your confidence in your ability to handle life no matter what - the basic ingredient to creating a great life, one of essential fearlessness.